Monday, October 8, 2007

Love/Hate Relationship

I admit that Hanami and I are having a love/hate relationship. Lately it has been a more hate hate relationship. I totally love the end product of this stole. I would love to finish her as she is lovely but after working on her for a few weeks now, I have just complete my first (yes, I said 1st) repeat of the basket weave section. I'm elated and annoyed at the same time. Why oh why am I having such difficulty with this stole. Maybe Hanami is a jealous lady and doesn't want me to share our time.............maybe she wants to push me over the edge.....I was seconds from frogging her this weekend. I will not let her get the best of me.

One down...................six more to go (sob! - I can do it, I think I can - I think I can - I think I can).

EDITED TO ASK: Where are with supposed to be in the KAL? I see so many gorgeous knitted stoles and I realize that I am behind, why behind, but would like to know if we were knitting along weekly with the KAL, where are I supposed to be? Thanks. :)

5 comments:

laniered said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I think, the way I want to change the blasted thing, that I'm at 92% - and yes, I'm desperate enough to count that 2% - right now, but I'm avoiding it like the plague.

May I say, I feel your pain?

http://www.psps.vox.com

Kristina Plaas said...

Lora, I totally understand your frustration. I consider myself to be a pretty decent lace knitter, certainly not a newbie, but Hanami did make me a crazed woman at times. The basketweave section is deceptively tricky. It takes a couple of repeats before you can trust "reading the lace" to verify that you are in the right place and it's so easy to get off! The technique is not difficult, but this pattern requires meticulous attention to knit correctly. Gosh, I can't tell you how many times I tinked not just a few stitches, but rows.

Hang in there and have another project (or 2?) to spell off with. You'll get there eventually and it will be worth it :-) Promise!!!

Lora said...

Thank guys. It's good to know that I'm not the only one with frustrations - I guess looks are deceiving, I assumed it would be a pretty easy knit but Hanami is kicking my *ss! :) I won't give up even if it means I finish weeks after everyone else. The stole is gorgeous, I must have it! Seeing all the lovely finished stoles keeps me focused. Thanks everyone for sharing your beautiful work.

catknip said...

Oh don't worry at all! I'm only starting my 3rd basketweave repeat and it doesn't even look anything like a basket (maybe a basket with moths ...). I try and do a little every night even if its only 2 rows. I'm right beside (or behind) you, stitch by stitch.

T. said...

Lora - this week is chart C and D if you're doing the original Hanami.