Tuesday, October 23, 2007

For me?!?


I was having a rather icky day yesterday when my wonderful mail lady left a package in my mailbox. For me?!? And it came a long way, too...from way up north of the border...via Canada Postes no less! Thanks T&J for my wonderful present..just for being a part of this KAL and chatting with everyone. I received a skein of KnitPicks Shadow in the Jewels colorway--the very shade I was considering ordering for my wintertime lace knitting. As if that wasn't awesome enough, there was a set of handmade stitch markers made with freshwater pearls in the same shade of blue and white. They are so pretty!

I know the KAL is winding up. My shawl is done and I'm contemplating my next move, but I just wanted to thank everyone for being here and contributing their ideas and experiences. It's been a great learning experience for me. It's also been a lot of fun getting to know you better. I look forward to meeting up with ya'll again after the holidays to knit up another great lace shawl design. Thanks T&J for having the courage to put this group together. I know moderating a group is no small feat, but I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we really appreciate your efforts.

{{{hugs}}}
Kristina

3 comments:

T. said...

Thanks Kristina - I'm so glad you've enjoyed your KAL experience. We have too. Enjoy your present - let us know what it turns out to be!

catknip said...

The colour is awesome. Thanks for saying the name so I can order some ...

I'm still waffling on those stitch markers though. They are lovely but I have to admit I'm using a sticky note and pencil.

J. said...

I'm glad you like the color! T. and I just picked our favorites so it's nice to know other people like them as well.

And thanks for knitting with us!