Sunday, October 21, 2007

The end is in sight....

After just keeping pace with the sections each week (finishing the final rows each Thursday night just before the next set is announced) I am now speeding through the last stretch and heading straight for home! It helps that I only did 5 repeats of Chart G instead of 8 (that area just seemed a bit too long for me in the photos I've seen), which got me into the first rows of the ruffle today. I can't wait to have it done and blocked and ready to wear this week!

I'm really happy with how the second half of the shawl has turned out - and how my experiment in 'erasing' sections of the transition chart helped the basket weave area blend into the flower charts. Here is a detail shot that shows how it all turned out (and that gives a pretty good idea of the color too)


Thanks so much to T&J for hosting the knit-along - even though I didn't post much, it really kept me motivated to keep knitting a bit each day to keep up with the pack and get this done. I can't wait to see her finished, blocked, and out on the town!

Megan

3 comments:

T. said...

I think it looks great - the transition sort of dissolves into the blossoms. Very brilliant.

Lauren said...

Your Hanami looks beautiful! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

MimiCatKnits said...

I really like how you modified the transition !! Looks great!
Maria